Cheese sauce makes everything better – in this case a hearty meal of eggplants stuffed with sautéed vegetables and chickpeas. This is an easy vegetarian dinner so full of flavour from our delicious Organic Cheese that no one will miss the meat.
- 2 eggplants
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 red capsicum, cored and diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, cored and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 can chick peas, drained
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Anchor Blue milk
- 1 cup grated Mainland Organic Cheese
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour
- Fresh sliced chili and mint to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out at least half of the flesh.
- Place eggplant shells on a baking tray lined with baking paper and dice the flesh.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté curry powder, cumin and chili for 1 minute, then add the diced eggplant, capsicum, zucchini, red onion and chick peas and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened and well-seasoned.
- Meanwhile whisk milk and cornflour and bring to the simmer in a small saucepan. Stir in the cheese until melted and smooth.
- Pile the curried vegetables back into the eggplant shells. Pour over the cheese sauce, top with extra grated Organic Cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
- Serve with fresh chopped chili and mint.