Serves 1-2 *
1 of your 5 a day + fruit toppings
- ½ cup oats (gluten-free optional)
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 small yellow banana (100g)
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- ¼ tsp baking powder (gluten-free optional)
- Coconut oil spray – for cooking
- Serve with fresh fruit, desiccated coconut or toppings of your choice.
- Blend the oats in a blender or food processor until they have the texture of flour.
- Next add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
- Leave the pancake batter to rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat. If you don’t have a non-stick pan then add 1-2 sprays of coconut oil to your pan (recommended by Healthy Jon).
- Add 2 tbsp of pancake batter into the pan and shape it into a circle. Leave to cook for 1 minute until small bubble appear. Turn over the pancake and cook for 1 minute.
- Place the pancake on a plate and repeat steap 5 until all of the batter has been used up.
- Add your toppings and enjoy.
*If I was making these for brunch I’d probably eat them all to myself and be very full afterwards!
Note: I have tried to make a thinner version of the batter, but that didn’t cook as well.