Looking for a Dairy Free and Organic Blueberry Pudding?
Some may cringe at eating pudding for breakfast… not I! This organic and dairy free recipe has been adapted from a BBC Good Food recipe which is very simple to make.
What you will need…
- 100g organic raw sugar (in the form of simple syrup- 20-30ml of hot water and stir… to replace caster sugar)
- 100g soft butter or (coconut butter for non-dairy)
- 2 large egg
- 100g organic self-raising flour
- 100g organic desiccated coconut, plus 2 tsp to serve
- 100g crème fraîche (Non-dairy- Tofutti Sour Supreme), plus extra to serve
- zest and juice 1.5 lemon
- 360g punnet of blueberries
I doubled the ingredients so this should serve 4
Now, how to go about it…
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Beat the sugar and butter until pale and creamy, then beat in the egg. Stir in the flour, coconut, crème fraîche and lemon zest.
- Put most of the blueberries in a baking dish (about 18cm square-ish) and squeeze over the juice from half the lemon. Dollop on the cake mixture and scatter over the remaining blueberries and 2 tsp coconut. Bake for 35-40 mins until golden, risen and the sponge is cooked. Serve with a dollop more crème fraîche.